Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Investigation on Hold

Dear Readers,

My apologies for not being able to respond to each of your enquiries into why I have taken down my last post titled " Labour Councillors Outperform Opposition Councillors ".

I have been written to in email by the Chair of Tower Hamlets Labour Party, Chris Weavers, raising concerns about the blog post. He has suggested that I apologise to the councillors that were highlighted to have a poor meeting attendance record. I was also asked to delete the relevant sections referring to these from the blog post itself. The Equalities Act 2010 was referenced in relation into possibly discrimination that I may have committed and I have been duly warned that I may have a formal complaint lodged against me. The email was copied to Cllr Danny Hassell as well as the London Region organiser Ali Craft.

Both Mayor John Biggs and Cllr Danny Hassell have also written to me expressing that a simplistic analysis of attendance doesn't warrant a fair observation on councillors commitments to residents.
In light of the above mentioned pressures, I am concerned about whether I have indeed broken the law in reporting on infromation that is already publicly available on the Council website at the following link:

http:/democracy.towerhamlets.gov.uk/mgUserAttendanceSummary.aspx

It is for this reason, I have taken down my last post. l shall continue to further research councillor leave entitlements and how information provided by the Council, for reasons I'm sure are of accountability and transparency, can be analysed better to reflect a more true reality.
Please bear with me and do subscribe if you would like to be notified about future posts.

Ehtasham Haque

No comments:

Post a Comment